It seems I'm late to the party. Everyone was posting their reflections and resolutions yesterday. But hey, I've always preferred to be fashionable.
So, let's get down to business, shall we? Here are some goals (in no particular order):
1. Coffee. Write. A Page a day. Get dressed. I suppose some explanation is required here. Basically, I need more structure. Now that I am only working (in an office) a few times a week, I often have trouble getting the day started. So, this is my new plan... I will write every morning. First thing. The idea is simply to write whatever comes to mind. Next, I will do my #apageaday2013 "drawing". I will fill one page (of this gorgeous notebook) with a drawing, pattern, doodle, whatever. I just want to spend some quality pen-to-paper time and step away from the computer. Lastly, get dressed. This is obvious, but I say it because I often spend the day in my PJs. Sometimes, I change into daytime PJs (which turn into nighttime PJs) and I want to stop doing so. I think the simple act of getting dressed will help get my day started.
(Note: You can follow my #apageaday2013 journey on instagram here.)
2. Replace bedtime TV with reading. I already started! I'm currently reading this and so far so good.
3. Blog. Last year, I started worrying too much about blogging everyday and having a specific schedule. Well, that clearly didn't work out. This year, I simply want to care about the content. Quality over quantity.
4. Put myself out there. I quit my job in 2012 and I need to continue to build my freelance clients. Part of the reason I love Detroit so much is that if you want to be a part of something, you can be a part of it. There's no "it list". I want to become a bigger part of this community and collaborate and create.
5. Finish my online portfolio. Because frankly, it's quite ridiculous that it's not done already.
6. Open my Etsy shop. I have ideas people and in 2013, they will be brought to life. I also want to be a part of this. I can do it!
7. Cook and bake. I started doing this quite a bit (for me anyway) at the end of last year. I want to continue to learn and try new things. I also want to share this new found love with friends and family. I'm starting this weekend with my first official dinner party.
8. Start a record collection. Simply because I've always wanted to and because it's more romantic to listen to records.
But really, I just plan to take it day by day and try not to be so hard on myself if each one isn't perfect.